- When I get something (some caregiving attribute) correct tell me about it (reiterate) so that I can figure out what was right and I’ll try to do that again.
- If I made a mistake and I did something wrong (incorrectly) please recognize some good intentions get misguided and then strive bo be patient while adjustments are reached.
- Should you recognize my communication skills are poor on a particular subject, please treat the matter as just one of many opportunities for improving exchanges.
- Some traits are (seemingly) permanent. Reinforcing new, good habits is probably best and more effective than discussing old, bad practices.
- Do not think of your present (nay, any) situation as “We’re screwed.” Instead recognize which end of the rope you are on and pull with all your weight.